Examity is the leader in remote online proctoring
and an approved vendor of the College Board.
Examity is a secure remote online proctoring service that allows you to take your ACCUPLACER test(s) when it is most convenient (24/7/365), helping you perform your best on test day.
1. Contact your institution and tell them you’re interested in taking ACCUPLACER tests with Examity**.
2. Once your school approves your request, you will receive an email from ACCUPLACER with your voucher code. This voucher code will allow you to schedule and take your exam.
3. Click the Examity link in the email which will bring you to the Examity registration page. Enter your first name, last name, email and hit register.
4. Once you’ve registered, you will receive a confirmation email with login credentials from Examity. You will then log into the Examity dashboard. From here, you will set up a profile and schedule your exam using the voucher code provided. You can schedule to take your test on the same day or you can schedule in advance. Once scheduled, you will receive a confirmation email with login credentials. This student guide and video tour will provide you with more information.
5. Return to the Examity dashboard at the day/time you scheduled to meet your proctor and take the test(s).
- ACCUPLACER tests taken with Examity can only be administered on a desktop computer or laptop (Chromebook, tablets, and smartphones are not allowed)
- Your device must have a webcam and microphone (built-in or external)
- Connection to network with sufficient internet speed: at least 2 Mbps download speed and 2 Mbps upload
- Operating systems: Windows 7 or newer, Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or newer
- Browser with pop-up blocker disabled: Google Chrome v47 or later, Mozilla Firefox v41 or later, Internet Explorer v10 or later, Microsoft Edge v12 or later, Apple Safari v6 or later
- Test your computer requirements here
Below are ACCUPLACER’s guidelines for testing. Test duration varies based on the number of tests your institution requires you take.
- When setting up your profile, you must upload a photo ID. During the authentication process, you will be asked to show the same photo ID. Acceptable IDs include:
– Current driver’s license
– State approved ID
– College ID
– Current state or federal ID card
– Current passport
– Tribal ID card
– Naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
- You must have a voucher number provided by ACCUPLACER.
- You must test alone in a quiet room without disruptions.
- Food and drink are not allowed while testing.
- Scratch paper is allowed along with a standard pen/pencil. You will be asked to show both sides of your scratch paper to the proctor at the beginning and end of your test session.
- Calculators are not allowed
- Breaks are not allowed.
*B Virtual has been acquired by Examity.
**There is a fee with Examity. Speak with your school’s Testing Director to determine how payment will be made.