How much does this service cost and who pays for proctoring?
A proctored session is $25.00 with no hidden or additional fees no matter if the student schedules in advance or wants to take their test immediately. You have two choices on how to pay:
- Student Pay – Students will be prompted to pay $25.00 upon scheduling a test. Examity accepts all major credit and debit cards.
- Institution Pay – The institution will be invoiced monthly.
How will I know if the student completed their online proctoring session?
As a test administrator you will have access to this data, and more, via the Examity dashboard.
What are the technology requirements for the student?
- ACCUPLACER tests can only be administered on a desktop computer or laptop.
- The device must have a webcam and microphone (built-in or external)
- Connection to network with sufficient internet speed: at least 2 Mbps download speed and 2 Mbps upload
- Operating systems: Windows 7 or newer, Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or newer
- Browser with pop-up blocker disabled: Google Chrome v47 or later, Mozilla Firefox v41or later, Internet Explorer v10 or later, Microsoft Edge v12 or later, Apple Safari v6 or later
- Students can check their system requirements here.
How will the proctor identify the student?
Examity uses a multi-factored authentication process. The proctor will confirm that the picture of the ID on file and the ID brought to the test match. The student will also answer challenge questions and complete a keystroke match.
Is support available for students?
Students will always have access to Examity’s 24/7-technical support through phone, email, or chat.
How do I know my proctors are dependable?
Examity proctors go through a rigorous selection process, including interviews by a member of our leadership team, a background check, and comprehensive training. Each proctor has a college degree, advanced technical skills, completed online courses and has strong communication skills.
• Process Overview
How do students schedule their proctoring session?
Once your institution is set up with Examity, the student will receive an email from ACCUPLACER with a voucher code that is used to take the exam. Included in the email is an Examity link, which will bring the student to the Examity registration page Once registered, the student will receive a confirmation email with login credentials. The student will then log into the Examity dashboard where they will set up their profile and schedule their exam (using the assigned voucher code).
What times are the proctored sessions offered?
Proctoring sessions are available 24/7, every day of the year.
Where can the student take the test?
The student must test alone in a quiet room without disruptions. The location selected must have an internet connection of at least 2Mbps upload and download speed
What happens if the student has technical questions/issues while taking the test?
If a technical challenge should arise, the proctor will assist to ensure the student is able to proceed with their test.
If the proctor identifies clear cheating behavior, how will I be notified?
If cheating behavior occurs, the Examity account manager will view the video and contact you about the incident.
What are the guidelines the student must follow during the test?
Below are ACCUPLACER’s guidelines for testing. (Test duration varies based on the number of tests your institution requires you to take).
- When setting up your profile, you must upload a photo ID. During the authentication process, you will be asked to show the same photo ID. Acceptable IDs include:
– Current driver’s license
– State approved ID
– College ID
– Current state or federal ID card
– Current passport
– Tribal ID card
– Naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
- You must have a voucher number provided by ACCUPLACER.
- You must test alone in a quiet room without disruptions.
- Food and drink are not allowed while testing.
- Scratch paper is allowed along with a standard pen/pencil.
- Students may not use a calculator.
- Breaks are not allowed.
Can students with disabilities take online proctored assessments?
Yes, Examity is accessible. Our software can be used with various assistive technologies such as screen readers (JAWS) and magnification (ZoomText). Examity also has processes in place for students with hearing, cognitive, and physical disabilities. All proctors are trained on how to utilize each tool to assist a student’s needs.